Initial Return / Notice of Change (Form 1 CIA)
Have you just incorporated your company under the Ontario Business Corporations Act? Do you need to change the address for your Ontario corporation? Do you need to update your corporation's officer and director information?
Whenever an Ontario corporation comes into effect, it is mandatory under the Corporations Information Act (CIA) to complete and file with the Ministry of Government Services (MGS) within 60 days of incorporation.
Whenever an Ontario corporation changes its office address or its officer and/or director information, it is mandatory under the Corporations Information Act to complete and file with the MGS an Initial Return/Notice of Change within 15 days after the change.
Dye & Durham's application guides you easily through the Inital Return/Notice of Change filing process for corporations registered under the Ontario Business Corporations Act. It also includes a "data extract", which displays the current corporation information on the public record, making modifications simple and reducing errors.
Order Initial Return Filing
Initial Return / Notice of Change - $232.85 + tax
Hours of OperationMonday to Friday
8:00 AM to 5:50 PM ET
(excluding statutory holidays)
eCore’s Initial Return/Notice of Change application:
- Provides ease of use for all levels of users
- Offers real-time filing
- Includes a corporation data extract from the public record
- Makes confirmation available upon completion of filing
- Updates profile report immediately
- Streamlines the form completion process
- Includes error-checking and validation features
- Offers the ability to view your existing records making it easier to add or remove information
- Offers the ability to complete and save your work for filing at a later time
- Offers the ability to print a draft copy of your prepared document
Do you need to file other changes to your corporation?
You must complete and submit Articles of Amendment together with the prescribed fee to file the following changes:
- If you need to change the name of a corporation (also requires a NUANS® report)
- If you need to change the share structure or provisions of a corporation
- If you need to increase or decrease the number of directors or the minimum and maximum number of directors as originally set out in the Articles